Sunday, April 3, 2011

Engine Swap Progress + New Parts

I went by Summit Racing to pickup their engine hoist.  It's somewhat pricey from the I have no more money left perspective but It is WELL worth it.  I will not be able to install the new gen3 engine without this, even though I was able to get old engine out without one.  I assembled the stand and went to work separating the gen2 from the transmission.  I'm doing this because I need to take it off to disassemble the gen2 so that I can part it out but I am reusing this transmission along with the clutch on the gen3 engine.
I also have purchased the MSD ignition parts needed for the harness tuck along with 4 quarts of Redline Shockproof Lightweight.  The transmission had a little problem getting into 4th gear so between this new gear oil, adjusting the clutch pedal height, and trans cable spherical bearings, a new OEM square shifter bushing, and a solid clutch pedal clevis from CRW, I hope to alleviate the problem.  Many MR2 owners recommend the Redline shockproof because in some cases it has eliminated grinding and crunching gears.  At $55 for the 4 quarts, it is most definitely worth the try.  The other pieces from CRW add up to ~$100.
transmission separated
all of this except for the clutch is to be sold
New Parts

No comments:

Post a Comment